Since I’ve had cold overnight oats!
Tuesday’s I have to wake up about a quarter to 6 am to get ready for school and leave in time.
I knew since I wouldn’t have a bunch of time to dilly dally and take time for breakfast it would be nice to have it already prepared. It was quite yummy too.
I made a new mix:
- 1/3 C. Oats
- 1/3 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 mini Blueberry Activia
- 1 Tbs. Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Peach
- 1 Tbs. Raisins
- Sprinkle Cinnamon
All mixed up and put into the fridge overnight.
Instead of waking up super early to get my workout in yesterday, I decided to go later in the afternoon after school.
My mom told me she wanted to get more toned and I offered to train her a few times during the week. We usually take spinning together on Tuesday’s and we workout on Saturday’s together but she works all day so it’s hard to be able to go at the same time during the week.
Instead of walking on an incline, I jogged. I then completed four more minutes of walking at an incline as a cool down and finished within 25 minutes total.
After my run, I dove into a full body weights workout from Bridal Boot camp over at Fitnessista’s blog. No, I’m not getting married ha. It just looked like a good workout. I did everything except the cardio portions in between because I had already finished my cardio beforehand.
Although I do love running distances, I really love HIIT training. Sure, it’s definitely hard and tires you out, but that’s what I love about it.
Call me crazy:) I just want to highlight what is great about it.
BENEFITS OF HIIT
I know the benefits off the top of my head, but in case you guys wanted written words from professionals I will show you Star Central Magazine’s version of benefits.
- You get “more bang for your buck”. As in, you get more done, in LESS time. If you’re one of those people that hate to do steady cardio for a long period of time, then you’ve found your match!
- Your Resting Metabolic Rate is increased. You know how you’ve heard time and time before that weight training is awesome because you burn calories AFTER you workout? Well, this is the same exact case with HIIT. Where some cardio you are only burning calories DURING the process, HIIT allows you to burn AFTER it as well as during. This means even if you’re doing nothing all day, you’ll be burning more calories.
- You won’t get bored. You are huffing and puffing and changing your speeds every minute. Before you know it, your workout will be done!
- It’s the quickest way to get fit, lose fat, supercharges your workouts, and increases anaerobic threshold.
If you are just a beginner do a 5 minute warm-up, walk one minute the go as fast as you can for the next, with a 5 minute cool down.
Want written HIIT workouts? Check out this website I also found here.
After the gym, it was time for dinner.
Tilapia encrusted with corn flakes, brown rice, and mixed veggies.
I wanted to make the tilapia a little different so I dipped it in egg and crushed up cornflakes to dip in as well. It was a nice little change to a super healthy meal.
I was more than ready to pass out early last night after getting little sleep the night before!
I just have homework, housework, and spinning later on my agenda today. So I’m off to be productive 🙂
Thank you to everyone who suggested iPhone apps. I downloaded them all and am loving them! Especially instagram and emojicons!
Do you like HIIT or long steady cardio better?
Any interesting ways you cook fish?
Have you ever “trained” someone at the gym?